Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wenzi

Sometimes, we just don’t aware that there is indeed someone around us, who would lend us her warm and sincere hands when we are in a bed of thorns.

There’s a saying goes, ‘A friend in need is a friend indeed’. In fact, there is a greater meaning behind the idiom. I can’t describe it in words. You have to feel it, experience it, in order to have a better understanding.

I rang Wenzi that day, all of a sudden to seek for her help. (* Wenzi was the sweetest girl in my class when I was in UTAR. She has dimples and a pair of big deep eyes that exude subtle charm when you look into them. hehe. There's a proof in the photo on left. I guess my huge and distorted pig face had spolit the beauty of the photo. But, please, look at the tiny face behind me, she's truly a beauty, isn't she?)

Me: “Hey, I am very sorry for disturbing you but I really need your help this time!”

Wenzi: “Oh, Chia. I’m so happy to receive your call. How’s your life? Is there anything I can do for you?”

Me: “I have an appointment with the US embassy for my Visa interview next Tuesday. The time’s pack and I couldn’t get myself a room to stay for two days right now…."(I haven't finish my sentence but she cut into my words by saying->)

Wenzi: “Then come and stay with me. Just tell me when are you going to arrive and I can meet you somewhere. No problem and no big deal.”

Me: …. “Thank you. You saved my life.”

Wenzi: Hehe. No that serious.

That was a very brief conversation we had over the phone. She talked to me with her usual cheerful tone and I could feel her sincere and welcoming heart even through the devices.

I slept with her for two days and she even gave me her house keys so that I wouldn’t have to horse around the KL area early in the morning after my visa appointment. Her action actually caused her troubles but she seemed to care nothing about it.

She didn’t really serve me as a guest as we are friends and have known each other for years. She gave me her full trust and had dinners with me for the two days. In fact, she was busy owing to her newfound dream job. Her daily schedule is tight but she spared her time to dine with me and chatted with me throughout the nights.

At the night before I went back for home, we chatted for hours while laying ourselves down on her comfy bed. We were worn off due to our tiring activities in day but still continued talking and talking. We talked about our days in UTAR, our old friends, our future…Well, just everything and anything.

At last, when I started to get goofy due to the tiredness, she pushed me a little bit on my right arm and said, “you wanna sleep? Hey, let’s talk some more, you are leaving very soon and this is our last night to talk like this. Don’t sleep. Talk."

That’s sweet, isn’t it? :-) I remember I gave out a wink, a very sweet wink for her in the dark and then tried my best to chat with her, until both of us fell into a state of unconsciousness. : P

Wenzi, thank you and thank you. I don’t know what to say here. Thanks for your forgiveness and consideration toward my ‘无事不登三堡殿’. Thanks for everything. How about this? After I complete my fulfilling year (Let’s pray so!) in the state, I will buy you a big present.

Muaks. <3 It’s really nice to have you as friend. You are charming, 'inside and outside' :P. All the best and I will miss you dearly. That's a promise.

4 comments:

-KSY™®- said...

great friend who she is! count urself lucky to have met her :) Have to remember her kindness :)

season said...

yong,
ahaaa.. sure i will, or else i wont have this post here. :p oh. millions thanks to your friends , too. he is really really kind enough to take us in that day. thank him. :P

-KSY™®- said...

maybe I shd refer him to this post.. else he doesn't know u thank him :O

season said...

wenzi,
SURE!:P sure keep in touch. :) thank you and thank you. muaks!all the best for your career, ok? after one year, when i am coming back here, must be a great Dj har!! :P seeu.