Friday, September 08, 2006

Lampfly


She rang me this afternoon. It's really nice to hear her voice again as we didn't have chance to talk much during that messy convocation.
Her voice was like a sweet melody and it's still lingering my mind, even at this moment. I never expected her to make the call but she said that since I am leaving very soon, she should talk to me on the phone for a moment. I was over the moon. :) That means she cares. :P

Actually, we only chatted for about 5minutes, but, that's enough for me to feel the wramth of friendship. While we were talking, my mind raced in search for the memories we have in college, university and the Redang Trip. Years roll on, it's a cliche, but it's a fact...

Our frienship started to hail when I was in KTAR. She wasn't the first person whom I approached but she used to make me feel warm by asking me for lunches together in school. Besides, she's truly diligent and was the only girl who would attend all lectures and took down all notes.

She gave me a very special first impression as she's not that type of typical shallow girls, who only care about outward appearance. She keeps her hair short and prefer wearing jeans, short pants and T-shirts to skirts or any other girly dressing code. She's always smart and tidy. By the way, I find her resembles one of the singers in the Chinese pop girls' band- SHE. I told her about it and she laughed like crazy.

Talking about her, I shall say that our friendship is unique. We have been knowing each other for more than 4 years. Though, we have never go for a movie, dinner or shopping. We accompanied each other closely only inside the classrooms. That's kinda weird, maybe in a sense, we are not really that close to each other.

My friends claimed that I am a very 'cold' person, who could hardly get close with another human. That's not a truth, I love having 'crazy moments' with my friends and I can be really playful. She's having the same kind of personality, that's the only thing that make us a good pair of pals as we share quite a lot of things in common.

We swore to each other that we will never leave another party apart in all group assignments. Looking back at the passing years, all those hardship we encountered together in assignments and exam revision have turned into a kind of sweetness, which I shall be willing to taste it all over again, if I were given a chance. The times we had in Machintosh Lab, library, lecturer halls, tutorial classes...all are unforgettable. Just like the song goes,

"Unforgettable, that's what you are...
"Unforgettable, though near or far..."

I remember the night we saw the stars along the beach. I remember the day I walked to your hostel to ask for help in my revisions and final year project. I remember you fetched me back home after doing assignments by your Honda. I remember we shopped in the 'pasar malam'. I remember the joy we had when we met each other in the ceremony. I remember we sat in the first roll, facing the lecturers until their saliva fell on our cheeks sometimes ...I have too many to remember, so I carved them in my heart...

I still have that kind of picture in my mind- A short-haired girl in her blue jeans jacket, wearing a cap on top and carrying a light yellow bag, waiting for me outside the classroom to walk back to the stupid KTAR hostel together. When I asked her, "Won't you feel hot? Why don't you use your umbrella?"

She winked at me and replied," I am lazy to hold umbrella so I am wearing my blue jacket and cap..."

That's the prettiest smile I have ever seen. Stay in touch, Lampfly.

4 comments:

tash said...

yea she's a very sweet girl, pretty suprise that she's like u too, quiet and serious but crazy and warm when we get to know each other..i enjoy her company a lot too..we both have the same ambition too u know?! kekekeke she's very sweet cox she wil make effort to keep in touch.. will deffinately have u two in my heart :)

p/s: wonder if she has a blog..do u have any idea?

season said...

tash,
so nice to read your comment again. :) yea, some kind of friends, you are going to have them in your heart no matter where you are.. :P lampfly and you are the same. both are friends whom i will cherish in my heart. :) I will defnitely miss you all. :D see you real soon, ok? muaks.

Anonymous said...

wa..don know wat to say..feeling quite weird..u know asian people don use to talk like tat..hehe..quite 'pai se'..
anyway, big thanks..not bz of this article or any of ur nice comments & perceptions toward me..
but ur company, ur understanding & for knowing me in such a sincere way.
honestly, as u know i'm not tat good in comm especially deal wif ppl,n such personality gives me a lot of troubles, even gaining disagreements and misunderstanding from the ppl around me..including my closest and dearest family.
i'really really great to have a friend like u. tash, u too.
a sincere friend is one of the warmest things to be have in the world.
Myles, millions thanks for taking my werid personalities through out the past 4 years. i know tat u doesn't believe ppl easily, but do believe me for once: u really is a warm friend for me; n i always take our friendship sincerely for the past and now.
Tash, ur big cheerful smiles will be always in my heart:) er..regarding my blog..may b u can get a glimpse at my friendster..but i only update once in a blue moon..hehe..
Best wishes n good luck in seeking ur new life, my friends.

season said...

chenchien,
wow, don't know what to say..hehe but u said A lot LER. :P miss you so much. the main purpose for me to have that post is to recalling the past we had. well, we had spent more than four years together in class. that's great, isn't it? u know,good friend is hard to find so i think i have to write down all those little minute things here. for you and me. :P never ever try to remember me.ok? i will attend your wedding, :P hehe, that's a promise right?