Thursday, March 22, 2007

Midnight's thoughts

It's 12.27am right now. Yes, it's late and I am still up. I have just checked on the kids.

Poor William is sleeping right now, I woke him up and fed him some 'Motrin'. He had his fever since last Sunday. He blew his nose too hard for days as it is stuffy. His noise bleeds. I stopped him from doing that but he said he has to do it as he couldn't breathe.

"what do you want me to do with my nose, Chia?" He talked like an adult.

I put a small towel on his forehead for days, hoping that it helped. It did, but just for a while, so does the medication he's taking. Poor kid. He has been asking for mummy and daddy.

"Chia, I want daddy, I want mommy...I want daddy to be here with me..."

"I know, I know. We will see what we can do tonight, ok? Maybe daddy will be here to tuck you in, ok?"

"Nope, lies. I know he won't be here..."

I ain't the parents, there's nothing I can do besides taking care of his basic needs. I make sure he takes his medicine on time, even if I have to stay up late for his last dose of the day. He has been sick for almost a week, went to doctor and had all kinds of medication. Still, his stubborn fever just refuse to let him off. I guess there's an infection. His nose bleeds.

He shouted loudly when I was downstaira moment ago,

"Chia! Chia! I am so scared. I bleed so much, I don't know what to do..."

He whispered to me, showing me his bloody tissues. Putting my hand on his face, I felt painful.

"You will be fine. I promise. Just stop blowing so hard again, ok? Don't be scared, nothing to afraid of, I will keep you company for a while..."

Her mom knows about it but mayeb she's too busy to worry about that. She has to work to support the family, that's what she said. The daddy called sometimes to check on his condition. Though, claiming to be busy, too.

This situation reminds me of my mom. I was a weak child, who would fall sick easily. My mom would keep vigil over me, for days wihthout resting. She would rest once she was sure that I am all right. So, normally when I am fully recovered, she was the who went bedridden.

How come? There's such a huge difference? No clue.

There's nothing wrong with getting divorce. But, don't use it as an excuse, please. It's absolutely nice to have dates, but still, you guys have children. Distance is not an excuse, busy is not an excuse, conflict is never an excuse...Nothing can be an excuse. Love has no excuse.

X-box, Wii, PS2, flat screen TVs, Dvd players, PsP, cell phones, MAC PCs, branded clothings, I-Pods, bowling ball sets, two huge closets of untouched new toys, huge nice house, personal swimming pools...They have all of the luxury which any other average 6 years old wouldn't be possible to get. Everything in this world besides care and love, that come from the heart. Never pretend you love them, you can't even convince me, will you be able to lie to yourself?

4 comments:

Cyen said...

fren, i found that you're getting more and more muture and caring from you blog. Jia you! it have been 5 months you're at US. (hopefully I'm not wrong)take care of yourself.

Zoe said...

thats y i said, dun simply get marry and divorce. no problem with divorcing, EXCUSES are the problem. poor kids, always being sacrificed innocently in the love tragedy.

tash said...

i can feel the pain of the children from the way you have written about it... i dun think it will be that easy to face the question asked by the children and it truly pain the heart telling them the truth..hopefully William will get well soon...pls give him a hug on behalf of me to him ya...a special hug for u too fren..missing ya..

season said...

chauyen, zoe, tash,

haha. of course i grow. not the szechia u guys knew long time ago. guess it's a good thing. :) haha..see, being a 'mother' is definitely going to help in someway. hahha. :P but poor kids.. right.. hai.. tash, it's really painful to see them like this..but i think they are pretty strong ang will get over it.. love 'em.. :) chaueyn, miss you, Zoe, love you. muaks.