Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Marriage


Wille Johnson and Lungisa Khanyeza.

Finally, my best friend is married, to her husband, whom she had been dating for about 9 years. Long time. Maybe they are really meant for each other. I wish them all the best. Lungisa, have a happy marriage, you always have my best wishes. I don't know when am I going to see you again. Maybe not in your ceremony in South Carolina, I have to save some money and will make time for you. Love you. Take the best care of yourself and your baby. How about triplets? hehe. Let's name them Jessie, Kanyo and Chia. :p Miss you.

Yes, my best friend's wedding. I will miss it as it will be launched in a far-away-land. I miss her though, I will pray for her, all the while.

This is the first time in life, I have one friend who's married. I guess that's because I am no longer a sweet and ignorant young girl anymore. When I was a little kid, I believed in those stupid ever after fairy tales. But, as the times go, I know that this kind of thingy is not for me. Frankly speaking, I don't think that I will ever got married in my entire life. It sounds SCARY, for me (ONLY for me). REALLY.

Chia's formula--> Marriage= Take things for granted+ Fights+ Arguments+ Boredom+ Sadness+ Family Pressure+ Sacrificer+ Divorce+ Children+ Shape-shifting+ Single mom+ financial issues+ Custody issue+ Kids' mental's issues+ Social Issue+ Emotional Breakdown+ Lost of Personal Freedom+ The End of Happiness.

I know, I know. None of you are going to agree with my pessimism. I am cynical. Though, that's the fact that I have been exposed to. For typical traditional Chinese people, Marriage is somewhat a HUGE ceremony. We have too many culture and traditon to follow. It's a disaster. We spent enormous amount of money to show off as it's a reunion or unity of two families. After marriage, things begin to change as a typical chineseman will treat his wife as a property. You belong to him so he doesnt have to do anything for you anymore. Next, the argument would tag you around after the honeymoon year, each and every little minute thing in life can arise conflicts. I have seen TOO many ill-assorted couples who blame each other for everything, which is definitely NOT NICE.

You might say that I am making generalization. But I have too many examples to show. It happens in my own family, my relatives' family, my friends' and their families, and my friends' friends' families. Women always land up to be the victim of suppression, exploitation and sacrifice. They will be blamed for everything and they are the people who have to endure with everything.

Not fair, life isn't fair anyway.

*sigh. Marriage should be taken seriously. We cannot just get marry, born babies and then get divorce anytime we want to. The kids who I am taking care of right now, is a classic example...They are the victims of a broken marriage. Poor things.

Marriage and divorce are two very serious issue. I have one friend, who just got married, but not because of love, just out of fun. Weird? sorta. Now, he is counting of the days to get divorce since his wife is a lesbian. hmmm.. Don't ask me, I know nothing about it.

Maybe I am too selfish to love anyone else. Like what Protocol said, the one you love the most is yourself. Yes. Maybe you are right in someway. I have problems, I know. That's why, I gotta take up a course or something to straigthen my thinking. I am going to do some study in psychology, majoring in family and marriage theraphy at the end of this year. Hopefully it helps. Cross my fingers... :^$

What a MESSY world for Marriage!

GOSH.

Anyhow, I am happy for Lungisa, really. She has found her love in life, that's not easy. He's a nice guy. I trust that this relationship will last for a long time, if she and her husband fights for it.

ALL the BEST.

Happy Marriage.

LOVE YOU.

6 comments:

Zoe said...

Well, erm.... It's not a good idea to write such two extreme issues in a blog. You are trying to send your wishes to other people's marriage but at the same time you describe the marriage until like worse than being bury in grave yard. Hmm... What do you think if Lungisa read your blog? Should she be happy of getting marry or should she prepare to...? Well, just my PERSONAL oppinion. hehe!

season said...

Zoe. I know. she's not going to read my blog. i am sure. i never told her about that.. hmm.. she will have a happy marriage. she got a good husband who really really loves her. hmm but her marriage reminds me about soemthing else so i mah write them together loh/ oklo.. if really not appropriate..i take it down loh
soli soli.i never mean anything. she will lead a happy life. i am sure. :P

Zoe said...

Hahaha... Ya, she has my wishes as well. She is a nice gal although I never meet her before. What you think about marriage is a little extreme. Not all the families experience the same thing. I believe hers would be a sweet decision that can last forever.

tash said...

sorry ya girl...was in a hurry to go for a meeting girl.. am so sorry for unable to talk to ya..when u called me that time, it was about 11am here, wat was the time at yr place?
can see that things are getting better for ya..started yr college d? how long is d duration of your program?

Jason Lioh said...

Happy marriage to your good friend and all the best! :)

As for you, take care over there.

season said...

tash, jason,

tash, i read ur blog these days and realised that you are not really feeling that good. well, not one post but quite a few so made a call to ask yours doings. hopefully u are ok. My program will offically end at the end of this october. but i wont go back to malaysia so fast. have soem other plans.. i am good, really. just kinda worry about u. take care ok?? i will try to call you again. :)

Jason,
thank you. :P you take care, too. :P