Friday, November 03, 2006

One month

Today is 3rd November 2006. It's been a month since I have left Malaysia to US. One month, it's not a long time. But a lot of things had happenend and I am still trying very hard to make my life here to be a pleasant experience.

US is such a huge country and California is such a huge state. Americans are such a different creatures and Asians seem to have a lot of hard time to cope with them. I watched one Japanese drama last year during my year three term break in hometown. The lead female character tried her best to get strong as she wanted to achieve total independence and lead an extraordinary lifestyle.

When her boyfriend cheated on her, she burnt the radio she gave him during his birthday and then severed the ties without dropping a tear.When she had conflicts with her dearest dad and sister, she moved away from home and spent most of the time alone. When she was fired from job and dropped out from school, she took a long ride on train and even fighted with a stranger at the train station. She never cried and she had been telling herself that, 'I want to be strong, I have to be strong because I want to do something big.'

In the drama, it was a habit for the girl to sneak into the private swimming pool in the middle of the night. She would swim, swim and swim for hours, with her heart kept on convincing her that she was brave and she can be strong and she HAS to be strong.

I don't intend to do soemthing really big, gigantic or enormous. I want to be different somehow. Now, i start to wonder if I really have the guts abd ability to do so? Like what the American said, 'You are timid, coward, bewildered, reserved, passive and we have to babysit you all the time....'

Yes, you are right. I am still very much troubled by the question if i am really meant to be with you guys. I don't know. I am trying, but like you said, it's a struggle. A true and miserable struggle sometimes...

I gotta make a decision fast, I know that. I really dont know what to do at the moment. Try for another week? Try for another month? wait until you get REALLY tired of me and kick me out with your foot? Or make a brilliant change immediately and then bear all the consequences myself?

I don't know.I want to go somewhere to relax my mind. I have to clear my mind and think again. I have to btu I don't know where and who to talk to. It's nobody business coz nobody in this world can give me the exact answer.

It's been a month. I have the picture of departing in my mind. On 2nd October, 2006 (Sunday), 1.30am, Yong, my parents and I were in KLIA. I was about to enter the gate and took the train to the departure hall alone. My mum held my hand so tight and she refused to let me go. Her hand was shaking and it was a painful experience for both of us. I held her in warm embrace and headed off to the gate without looking back. She's the utmost important love for me in this world. Whenever I recall back the situation, I could feel the pain and I started to wonder if what would be the best decision for me right now to commensurate the turmoil and agony I have brought to different parties at different time.

I just want to be happy and don't want to be the burden to anyone else in this world. I don't know.

Now, everyday, I look at myself in the morror and tell myself that I have to be strong, I MUST be strong.

However, it's that MERELY my problem? Am I the only one who's creating the predicament? I don't know.

I WILL be strong.

5 comments:

-KSY™®- said...

the decision is vital to u right now. make ur decision after u relax a bit during the weekend. There is no right or wrong decision u are to make. It is all depend on luck. Hint: compare the pros & cons and see how they treat u. like the knowledge in ur brain (no one can take it away), the decision is yours (no one is to influence it and predict it is good or not).

Chloe said...

Yeah, time really flies, it's been a month since you left and before you realise, one year will be over soon and you'll be back here again. So, be strong and have more faith in yourself coz words shall not break or bring you down.

Anonymous said...

don't blame yrself for not being able to do well..when i was down, i always blame myself as in i can't make my parents proud instead i do think i disgrace them becox i thought of quitting..it's normal and like wat you guys tell me, try my best and be strong, and if we can go through this, we will be a better and a stronger person..but of cox, if they abuse u physically, emotionally, mentally..then do not keep quiet..but everyhting that u go through now, is wat called working experience..u learn from there to learn,change and improve..do not keep this to yourself, try talking to yr parents or brother or elderly, they have enough life experience to tell you wat you can do..dun take everything to yourself as when we are sad/lost, our mind just thought of the bad ones and these bad ones always encourage us to just quit..so try talking to ppl and oerhaps ppl can help..

not sure if i have run out of topic but i hope it helps..jus don't feel too helpless, as long as you try your best..

love, tasha

Anonymous said...

fren...
你還好嗎?
希望如此...
我曾經聽過一句話:"苦過痛過,才知道曾經的日子好過。"
或許,就把它當成人生的歷練,但不合理的話就不要去委屈自己。
我不清楚,到底發生了什麼事,但每一步都會是你人生中重要的一步,做自己該做的選擇,但不要給自己太大的壓力。
我可以理解離家的感覺,或許不及你的深刻,但你要相信,你的家人、朋友一直到在你的身邊。我媽曾經這樣跟我說過:"你難過,我會比你更難過,因為我直能站在旁邊什麼都不能做。"但我要跟你說:"你難過,無論如何,一定跟家裡要說,好過讓他們什麼都不懂,到時候是難過加難過。"所以,無論如何,找個人說,釋放一下自己,不要抑制囤積壓力。好嗎?
至於決定,我相信,你心裡有譜;又或是,像tash說的,讓家裡人,用經驗,告訴你該怎麼做。
加油。開車的心理壓力你都克服了,你要相信,你還能克服很多很多的難題。

Wish all the best

cyen

season said...

yong,chloe,tash,chauyen,

thanks guys. i love you all so much. i really dont know why i cannot make up my mind this time. i hate myself for being like this/ it's not me. i used to be a girl who can make decision real fast and firm. I dont know why. i am trying to retrive my own soul. i have to. i talked to alot of people, even my community counsellor.well, it's a kind of abuse sometimes.. verbal and mental abuse..but i know that they were really angry.i will tell you guys about my decisions soon. anyway, i will be fine. US is a country that emphasizes a lot in human rights.. so no worries. i will really be fine. that's what i have been thinking. hope so..