Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tanning

"Fair, Slim, Long Silky Hair"--- That's the 3 basic typical conditions of being 'Beautiful' in most Asian's world. Though, in a country like Malaysia, which is basically having that kind of 'eternal summer' weather, it's nearly impossible for the girls to stay fair all the time. As a result...we use tonnes of WHITENING lotions for different part of our bodies. We carry umbrella to shelter from sunlight rather than rain drops. We wear long sleeve jacket even when the temperature is hitting 100 degree celcius ( Yes, we love to burn ourselevs in hell) and we avoid going out in the day time, sneaking out and hanging out with friends only in the evening...

All of the actions mentioned above are actually bizzare to people in US. At here, majority of the whites hate being so 'white'. When the summer's here, they will try whatever ways to tan themseleves. They would jog topless (guys of course! :P) for hours under the hot sun, using tanning lotion, wearing bikini and expose themselevs to the sunlight at the beach for hours, sitting under the hot sun to read a book while wearing sun glasses in the afternoon... Basically just do everything under the hot sun to get burnt...Weird? hmm.. well, I guess this is due to human's nature. We crave for whatever we couldn't get naturally...

I had my frreezing Winter with thick snow and a 'not-that-warm' Spring in New York. Then now, Summer! I was fair (or maybe yellow?! -_-) during the winter, really really fair until I couldn't recognize my own skin colour! 0_o However, now I really look like a black girl. I am tanned because I burn myself under the sun in the swimming pool EVERYDAY, even if it's 12 o'clock in the noon, whenever I have my own free time.

Yes, I look ugly now. Like what Protocol said, "Porky and Black". But, who cares? Never in life I would dare to even 'think' that I will be able swim in a private swimming pool. Now, the wishful 'thought' actually became true.

Melville is the richest area in Long Island so it's actually common for the residents here to have swimming pool in their backyard. The pool is opened during summer. So... Here I am...

It was 12 o'clock noon time. I was about to jump into the pool.


Nice pool! Gosh! I can swim ANYTIME I want to without having anyone sharing it! It's owned! It's MINE!

After swimming like a frog for one hour. I was TANNED! But, I really enjoy the feeling of having my Own pool. When I get tired, I just walked the dog or read a book under the sunlight for a while, then jump back to the deep blue water, swim until I satisfy.

I allow the sunlight to tan me in whatever way he wants to as I won't have this kind of chance anymore...I'm leaving soon..really soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to know tt u r fine ~that's different kind of beauty of tanned skin~*u still the pretty Darlene that i knew:P

pls giv me ur msn add, i will add u soon..khaishin:)

season said...

khaishin,

WOW. surprise! nice to see you here. never know that you will my blog. thx. :) hahha.. me not pretty lah,, fat fat black black like that. damn ugly. hsc1925@hotmail.com. add me anytime. talk to you soon.

i wish you all the best.

loveya.