Saturday, June 16, 2007

A book for girls


Reading is my greatest hobby in life. I can spend hours in a bookshop, without realising how the time passed by. Living in US, the greatets thing is that the books here are cheap and huge bookshops are available everywhere. So that day, I went to Barnes and Noble with Protocol, one of the books on the shelf caught my attention.

It's "The myth of you and me".

Nowadays, it's really hard to get a writer who wrote about friendship. Well, generally, relationship between couples conqueres. This book is just different. It impressed me through the vivid description of a friendship between two girls since they were 14 years old.

One character in the book noted,

"Woman always choose man over another woman..."
"There's no such thing as friendship forever between women..."

Believe it or not? It's up to you. The book explains everything about women's friendship. It's not merely about choosing man over woman, it's about trust, honesty, forgive and forget.

My conclusion after reading the book -- Friendship between girls are fragile, we need to work extra hard to make it works. Watering it with trust and commitment, it's going to turn out great and who knows, lasts forever, perhaps.

Man's nothing. Boyfriend's no big deal.

A true friend tops them all.

Go read it! It's awesome.

No comments: