Monday, May 01, 2006

My brother's recipe: 'Hokkien Flour Cake'


--> This is my brother, Teck. He is four years older than I but he never really act like a big brother who will take care of her sister. He is a bit 'naive' in the way he behaves and communicates with people who are close with him. You WILL definitely be scared if you are staying in my home and being expose to his daily foolish and crazy actions. You will think that this guy is completely out of his mind and need some medication urgently to balance up his emotions. I think the picture at the left explains a lot, there isn't a need for me to further elaborate on his character.:P But, sometimes he is normal, really. Anyhow, I am going to share with you all about my brother's recipe, 'Hokkien Flour Cake', the only dish he is good at preparing.
According to him, to prepare a 'delicious' Flour Cake for the serving of two people, first we have to place 400g of flour into a bowl and then mix it slowly with plain water. Next, we have to use a spoon to stir it well. This stirring process will go on for half an hour and we must have patient to do it carefully so that the best 'Flour Cake' will be produced (This step is shown in picture 1, as posted above).
Later, you can add on any materials you like to enhance the flavour and taste. My brother added in some fish curry powder and yummy 'Ikan Bilis', and then, he stirred the liquid in the bowl with those material for another 5 minutes. At last, referring to step 2 and 3 in the picture obover, he pour the liquid flour into hot oil, gingerly and gently so that a nice and flat shape would be formed. After the surface have turned into the colour of dark golden, you have to turn it over. This step will cost you about 15 minutes.

Finally, *DengDen! A hot and freshly fried 'Hokkian Flour Cake' can be served for two! Yeah, my brother is a bit stupid but yet, he is able to produce this tasty dish. Hey, it's true, it tastes nice! Next time, maybe you all can come to my place, I will ask him to prepare it for you all to try! YAY!

Well, in fact, the steps as mentioned in the second paragraph is not really true. I made it up so that the recipe will sound more normal and expert! hehe. My brother didn't measure the grams and minutes at all, he just simply do it, agak agak punya. :p haha.. He is not that professional, forgive him. :) Anyway, sometimes, he is cute.

That night, we had the flour cake as supper while watching the utmost idiotic horror movie in the universe-'Hostel'. I wasn't able to finish wacthing it as it is truly disturbing, disgusting, irritating, shallow and nasty. Though, my superficial brother, who emphasizes heavyly in 'sensation challenging experience' ONLY enjoy watching this type of movie. Silly him!

Hey, since my not-so-clever brother also can prepare a wholesome dish like 'Hokkien Flour Cake', I am sure that each and everyone of you is able to do that either, or perhaps, a better chef! hehe! yeah!

My goofball brother's recipe, try it at home. :P

P/S: sorrya, I have to apolozise for the indencency projected in the very first picture of my brother, who was smiling lecherously with his bare chest. That's the way he is, I am sorry! Please dont get disturbed or offended. :)

4 comments:

EAN said...

why is it called 'hokkien flour cake'?

season said...

ean,
hahah, i dont know ler. maybe only Hokkien peopel know how to fix it loh.. haha.. i dont know. that's how we have been calling it.:P yummy!

Chloe said...

Hey, doesn't look like your bro lar...I mean doesn't match your descriptions ler...looks very normal mah, not weird like what you have been describing, muahahaha!!! btw, the dish looks REALLY delicious, mm...

season said...

chloe,
hahah. my brother's look is very stupid lah, but hor, his Hokkien flour cake tastes really nice. hehe. he made it for us this afternoon again.:p hahayummy!