Monday, May 04, 2009

Mother's Day

Recently, my friends have been talking about celebration for this coming Mother's Day. As usual, I will be away from home during this special occasion; I won't be able to join the bandwagon in getting bird nest for mother or dine out with my whole family at a restaurant. Sheesh, what a shame! Anyways, like what Lampfly said,

"I think this kind of occasion is not really relevant. The utmost important thing is to be nice to your mother every single day, then only it's real."

I guess at the moment, I will need to believe that statement in order to ease my heart! However, her words made sense, I guess.

Being a mother is the toughest job in this whole universe, we have to be grateful and thankful toward the selfless person who brought us into this world and devoted herself entirely in raising us up. Talking about motherhood, suddenly I remember that I had some sort of similar experience in that area. I was a 'mother' of five!

Memory came sudden and swirled, once in a blue moon, the passed moments would pop out in your mind, reminding you about the days you thought you have forgotten. My previous counselor told me that aupair will just be one of the passers-by for those children, it is hard for them to remember anything about the aupair after a while; however, the kids will remain in the aupairs' heart forever owing to the care and real love provided by the caretaker.

When you are so used to 'give', that's the time for the real love to grow inside your heart.

Recapturing back those times, it could be really hard. Nonetheless, be it the goods or bads, fortunate or unfortunate, I am able to just laugh about it right now as I got to know more about life through the role of a 'mother'.

That kind of precious experience won't be able to repeat and seriously I don't want to have it repeated, too! It is just nice to have it once.

Anyways, Happy Mother's Day to all wonderful mothers in this world! :)

No comments: