Saturday, January 06, 2007

American Football

Americans always have their own unique culture and activities. Sometimes, the things that they do are hard to be understood. Here's an obvious example: American Football. Basically, it got nothing to do with my 'foot' or your 'feet'. It's merely a a game of grabbing and snatching the ball in whatever violent way and then throw it to a particular distance. Well, somehting like that. O have watched a lot of footbal games, either live or on TV with my American friends. But, still, I am vague about the rules. It's just weird, like most Americans.

I asked one of the Americans, 'WHy you guys call it football? It got nothing to do with foot."
He said, "I seriously don't know. The game actually represents American culture. The players are free to do anything, just to get the ball from other players."

INTERESTING.

Every month, we have our cluster meeting somewhere in Los Angeles. Last November, we went to UCLA to witness the football game with A LOT of other fottaball fans. Wow! It's truly amazing. I couldn't describe the scene perfectly in words. A picture speaks a thousand words. Let's have a look!

No kidding. A lot of people!!! People mountain People sea. hehe. Manglish!

Hot cheerleaders and ochestra representatives.

College players on field. I think the players are from UCLA and soem other college players from Michigan? or FLorida? Gosh. I forgot. But, seriously. their outfits are funny.
70% of the au pairs in Ventura and LA area.
Hot Germany girls!

I think we were there to take pictures, instead of watching the game. hehe.

I remember my American friends who cheered and screamed and cursed while watching the footbal game at home with friends or family. They would clapped their hands real hard and yelled like nobody around them when the team they support wan or vice versa. Even the older generation are passionate about the game. COOL!

That's what we have in US, baseball and football. They don't care about soccerball, which is actually the real football. :P hehe. Maybe it's because they don't really have their own significant soccer team. Who knows? wild guess!

2 comments:

Chloe said...

I love baseball ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL (referring to chloe)