Wednesday, March 25, 2009

keep flying

The best thing about staying at a deserted area which is super far away from home is, you can save a lot of money because you won't be able to travel back to home as usual as others. You save a lot from gas.

So, at your spare time, especially during the weekend, you tend to just hop in car and drive around the town that has nothing to offer. It is hard for you to spend money when you can't even find a theater or any other decent shops around the area. As such, I think I am richer than those who will just simply pass by ten big shopping malls on their way back from work.

You are so freaking free on the weekend, to a stage where you start developing 'weekend phobia' because you will be the only soul in the whole house, left with nothing to do and nobody to talk with, besides grazing on notes, preparing the coming classes and getting pissed at some old maid who is clinically proven to be a psychopath.

Then, you started to question yourself about the decision you made about accepting the job and moving here.

Though, recapturing the moments I have in class and also some lovely students that I have, I realised that it was a right decision. I love teaching, I love the attention people have on me when I speak in front of the class. No, I am not an attention whore, I just love the feeling of sharing my knowledge in front of the kiddoes who are interested in learning.

I am thankful for accepting the offer because in someways, it helps me to obtain the direction in life. I like to teach and I really enjoying sharing experience. This is a Good sign since I am approaching the age of 25, it's time for me to have a clear vision in life while bearing the plan to settle down.

However, the other part of mine still remains as a bird without legs, yearning for the chance to fly high around the sky, having no destinations and no where to stop.

Though, legless bird will end up dying young, out of exhaustion and starvation. It does not sound like a pleasant outcome.

But, there are times I couldn't help but wonder, isn't it a wonderful way to end your life after witnessing all of the greatness in this universe?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

legless bird,for me,is something very tired.It may be enjoy at 1st but once you want to stop you just found that no way for you to stop.Keep flying only

Chloe said...

"some old maid who is clinically proven to be a psychopath"? Hey, how about a post on that? ;)
Who knows? You can always pack your bag and go for another wild journey in life :D

EAN said...

good to know that you've discovered your 'direction'. happy teaching, ms huan :)

Zoe said...

典型的诗笳,似乎一直都在坐这山望那山高。好像人生的每个际遇都无法满足你哦!如果让你回头看看自己过去的24个年头,有没有至少那么一段人生是你特别怀念的?而在你那特别怀念的日子里,有没有至少没有怨怼且满心欢喜过?希望答案是有,不然人生似乎有点灰。人生的美,其实不在拥有的多,而是计较的少。永远只将目光放在失去的,而不珍惜拥有的,我想人生将错过很多……

Anonymous said...

i always think that one day i might end up teaching.. being a school teacher.. but am wondering if i am too old for that now hehe :)

season said...

Dear All,

Thanks for yours comments, didn't expect that some of you here still willing to spare sometime n read my post. I am flattered1 Thanks! :p. Oh yeah, I LOVE teaching, seriously. It is just enjoyable and fun to teach those who want to learn. The kids in class just reminded me of my old days, and... to be honest, I used many of you here as my EXAMPLES in class when sharing experience! Don't worry, I only talk about nice things! Hehe.

But, I feel relieve and sorta can identify my direction now. I wanna be a lecturer or many Professor sometimes! But, that's going to take a while, Now, I need to get a proper master degree, have to! So, I am trying my way to it now, hopefully in 2 years, i can have a master degree, then PHD! MAYBE! :p Though, I will be happier if I am nearer from home, then at least can visit my family at least once a month! haven't been home for 2 months now, kinda sad.

Well, anyways! I happy when teaching! I just need to obtain higher qualification! GAMBATEH NEH!

Oh yeah, Tash, you told me that you wanna be a lecturer long time ago right? come here and teach lah! Near your hometown also wat!

Chloe, YEAH! I wait for you to pack your bag n join me for the trip at Japan!! you have to GO ALONG! :P