Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Road Not Taken

I learned about this poem back in high school's English literature class. For some unknown reasons, I was totally fascinated by it. I would like to dedicate this to my dear friend, Lampfly who is going to set off for another journey in life.

The Road Not Taken

by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

*No matter where you are, I always keep you in my prayer and sincerely wish you all the best..

2 comments:

lampfly said...

有时候因为知道我们错过了,机会和梦想就不会再来。所以有了勇气和冲动,让我们及时行动。
2个月后,你和我就会脱离现在规律的生活,追逐梦想去。会有一段长时间见不到了。有困难时,我也许帮不上忙,但是我愿意聆听。请时不时给我送上你的消息。真心希望你幸福快乐,永远。

season said...

不知道 要用什么话来修饰现在的心情,更不知道在这时候说什么是最好的。经过了一段等待后突然之间得到了结果,感觉上很不真实。忽然间,觉得日子过得好快,四月中,五月,六月。。。真的有一股冲动要停止时间、反悔、逃避。但是,就像你说的,机会一错过,不可能会重来,人生最可怕的是遗憾和没尽全力吧?我真的不懂,近日不断催眠自己,转移注意力,不要多想。

张开一直被忽略的翅膀往悬崖跳吧,在急速往下降的当儿我们为了自救总会在瞬间
展翅翱翔。

就算不幸摔死应该也是壮烈的吧?!