Friday, August 28, 2009

Rareness

That's rare.

For some reasons, I have A LOT of students who are very hardworking. Their impetuous spirit, passion and enthusiasm in acquiring knowledge stroke me.

When I was being nice and offered to just cancel the coming classes since I have nothing else to share anymore. They still insisted that they want to have the last class with me next week. I emphasized for millions times that I won't have any 'tips' or 'insider information' about the final exam already, they still determined to attend my class next week. I am totally done with the revision and so far they haven't raise any question cause they won't begin their revision within these few days until the study week really kick off. Though, they still want me to hold the classes next week.

I really wonder why. I have absolutely nothing to teach anymore next week so I decided to give them a chance to get lazy or going back to their hometown earlier and if they have ANY questions during study week, they can e-mail me anytime and make appointment with me; though, they were very persistent in having the class, still.

What's wrong with them? I am really curious. Is it because they admire me too much so they couldn't bear to say goodbye to me? Am I really that charming? I apologise for my narcissism.

I really don't know what's wrong with kiddoes today anymore. I do not belong to their generation so I will never understand what's playing in their mind.

All I know is that - I still have a lot of classes to hold next week, the classes, which I have nothing left to teach. My original plan of taking a little break and start marking the piles of assignment gone.

However, I am thankful that I have students who are actually born with certain amount of initiative; that's the only element that keeps me going in teaching career.

4 comments:

lampfly said...

@(^^)@
I guess they are insecure, hoping that the last class will help them a bit in exam. They are some among our coursemates, isn't? Na, I got u! Someone get into your mind ya!!

season said...

maybe, I wont be able to help them much tho at this moment, they need to listen in class everyday, but i guess they didnt so they got worry. hehe. actually, I saw a lot of 'us' in the class, I even saw myself sometimes. Those students carry our shadows. I saw one girl who behaved like u, n one like wanying n also all other previous classmates. Sheesh...i think we have a lot of clones everywhere. fun, sometimes miss the student life a bit... :p

freya said...

smile:) do u find me among them?haha

season said...

Dear Freya,

yes. I found you among them. There are always girls who behaved like us, or sometimes even resemble the way we looked in class! the girl who looked like you of course was the prettiest one!