Monday, February 09, 2009

Wonder

In order to prepare my first research method class for tomorrow, I flipped through my previous lecturer notes 5 years ago. Fortunately, I decided to keep some of the related notes of certain subjects which I thought to be precious, else I won't be able to use them as reference right now.

So, reading through my notes, I was like on a time machine, travelling back to the old days in lecture halls. I still remember,the lecturer of the subject. She was a very special religion freak who had done her study overseas for a very long period of time. Anyways, I did not have a good time during the classes she conducted because I never like math related subjects in my entire life, whereas research method is basically about using formulas to analyze data gained from different kind of researches.

However, luckily, the mathematics and formula involved in the subjects were not too complicated. I did not do well at the mid term test but was able to catch up later and then excelled at final exam. Actually, I owe a big 'Thank You' to my pal, Lampfly who was willing to guide me when I approached her for the problems. She left her handwriting in my notebook, correcting my mistakes while reminding me to not repeat them.

Besides, I found a copy of her mid-term test paper from my folder. She was kind enough to allow me making a copy of her 'intellectual property' as a reference to the relevant answers.

Looking at her tidy handwriting, I felt a sense of familiarity.

How time flies. Not too long ago, I was the one who sat in the hall, busy copying notes and listening to the professor. Now, it's my turn to teach the college kids in research method? Seriously, I couldn't believe it myself.

I miss my old friend. Sincerely, I wish that everything goes well with her.

As for me, I wonder if I am able to take the job. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this post reminded me of my old time too. I can't believe a person who used to sit next to me now has to stand in front and begin to teach people. I am sure you can do good. You have no idea how much you have improved these years and how wonderful your presentation skill now. Good luck my friend. I truely believe you can do well. Want to guess who am I? Gambate! ;)

Chloe said...

You will do well, no worries :) May you discover the joy of teaching :D
Remember to update me about your teaching life, k? Have fun!

lampfly said...

Friend, u become a lecturer!! I din know till reading through your post..:) I'm really happy for u and deeply believe u can do good in ur job. As u always will try ur best in wat ever u do. Aza fighting!!
How come my mid term paper at ur place?! Really cant remember that.. But ur did recall my memory of Dr Yap asking us to give a little joke for Mr Lim: the whole mass comm coursemates wearing black shirt to attend his class..Hahaa..i still remember his wondering face..
Yaya, i saw my tracemark, can't belive u remember that^0^
~~touching~~
Glad that u r there with me for the 4 years at the foreignland:)