Friday, March 03, 2006

Aging!


One sunny day, Chloe and I had lunch at the worst eatery in Section 14. The weather was burning hot; the sun was radiating warmth, which killed majority of the humans at the hawker center, mentally, I mean. :p The evil sun light forbade others to stand still and I couldn’t help but imagined myself soaking in a big pool of ice cubes

After ordering her fried ‘Kuey Tiaw’, silently, Chloe sat in front of me. None of us had the ‘spirit’ in chatting. We were badly ‘burnt’ by the miserably hot weather. We were thinking of scrambling for the food with our big mouths and then shoot off.

Suddenly, Chloe stared at her right side firmly. At first, I ignored it; I thought she was ogling at a group of hot guys. However, after one minute, she was still looking fixedly at the same direction. Naturally, I found it weird and moved my eyesight to her right.

Nope, there weren’t any striking man with well-build muscles. “Could it be several sexy chicks who dressed to kill?” (This thought definitely plays in your mind right now because both beautiful and sexually attractive males and females would attract attentions! :*P) But, hell, no! It was a group of middle-aged working ladies who had their bites during the lunch hours at that messy eatery.

Scratching my head, I asked, “ Hey, what are you looking at? What’s so special about them?”

Chloe, "Chia, I am scared. Within ten years times, we are going to look like them. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to wear thick make-up to hide my wrinkles, neither do I going to wear those flowery long skirts nor carrying ‘auntie-like’ handbag! What to do, what to do?” Chloe stated, with her vacant eyes, searching for some consolations from my pale face…

Having another glance at those ladies, I was panicked. I imagined myself dressing up like them, wearing thick make-up, which turned my face into that type of zombie’s complexion, but still, there are cracks all over the corner of my eyes, lips and forehead due to the spreading of unfixable wrinkles … Hell, I don’t want that to happen to me, I will never dress up like an auntie, NEVER EVER! Sadly, the truth is even if we wear like a teenager, we are still getting older. This is a fact, we are getting older, day after day, years after years…

Remember the time when you were only 15 or 16? Who cares about aging? We had plenty of youthful years for us to waste, we were so naïve and proud of our age and felt like we could grab everything with our smooth and soft palms…but, now, I am 21 years old and I start to worry about Newton’s theory of gravity, so much, until the grudges toward apples getting deeper and deeper. Aren’t you afraid of it? My friend Protocol does.

Two years ago, once, Protocol gave me a ride to school. She was listening to mix.fm in that ideal morning. The song being played at that time was Avil Lavigne’s-‘Complicated’.

Protocol
asked, “ Eh, what song is that har? It sounds nice, who is the singer?”

I replied, “ Avil Lavigne. She is the hottest female rock star at this moment in America. She is only 16, even younger than us!”

Out of the blue, Protocol turned completely insane. With her hands holding the steering, her eyes opened wide, glancing me with her stark bewildered gaze, which is filled with bloody red veins and helplessness. She yelled her entire heart out into the air.

“Chia, what are we supposed to do? Once upon a time, everyone was older than us, now what I have been hearing is that this girl and that girl is younger than us, HOW, HOW! HOW!”

I was frightened. I was worried that if she was going to pull out the entire steering as she was grabbing it with her whole inner strength. My life was in her hands. Luckily, she was comforted by my sweet and white lies.

Nope, you are still young and pretty. Be obedient har! Nothing actually, this Lavigne girl is younger than us, but it’s all about the age. You know lah, those Caucasians all look much older than their real ages. We are still younger. No worries. Now, be good girl, drive gingerly ya…”

Finally, I was able to coax her and calmed her down with my angelic sweet words and smiles. That incident took place two years ago, when we were only 19 but aging had been our greatest enemy since then… in fact, I have constructed a picture in my mind of what I am going to look like in the coming ten, twenty or even thirty years. I would like to share it with you all:
What is your feeling after looking at the above pictures? The first is my own picture, which I took months ago whereas the rest I collected them from members.cruzio.com, http://www.mgwis.com/, and http://www.sorrellmcintyre.com/. Those aging pictures might not really resemble my outlook but these are the samples of my steps in aging. Scary, isn’t it? Yes, before constructing the photos, I thought I will go berserk after getting the entire image but I didn’t, fortunately.

I admitted that I was down after putting myself into that big picture of aging process. None of the humans in this world will be willing to have ugly old face, loose and dry skins, wrinkles, white and thin hair, damaged body figure and weak cognitive abilities. Nonetheless, who could stop themselves from that? We can never escape from the curse of losing our youth, so, let’s face it naturally.

Let’s make it this way, without the aging process, we wouldn’t gain experiences and wouldn’t have a wide and varied world views and we will never realize the joy of young age… hahah…sort of like comforting one self, I guess this is the only way to ease my pain. :p Hey, you! Don’t laugh at me. Are you getting more and more reluctant in admitting that you are turning one year older before the exact day of your birthday? Even if it is 11.59 pm, you would still regard yourself not getting any year older. At last, the clock’s ticks bring you to another brand new day; you fall into another age range. Finally, you are frustrated, grieving and shrieking curses to the heaven! :p I know you have been doing that, admit it lah!! :p

8 comments:

Chloe said...

And you call this post short?

Haha, enjoy reading this one, it's very funny...very closely related to our feelings towards ageing...what with Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson and many more teen queens coming out at the minute I type this...God, save us from ageing, will ya??

p/s: Guess I turn a lil bit desperate now *cough cough* ahem, hmm, what's to afraid of ageing?

season said...

chloe,
hahha, yaloyalo.. i am afraid, too.. we are really old now.. u see lah.. all girls around us are younger than us.. :P *sigh..i really miss my youthful years.. how nice ya.. :p hahah.. but no choice wow.. just face it loh.. *sigh... :p haha.. good luck ya..we got to cherish our 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25 now.. :p

EAN said...

chloe ogling at a group of hot guys!!! hahaha. so that is what she usually does, huh? kekeke.

-KSY™®- said...

ho ho ho. cute girl --> young lady --> mature career woman --> wrinkled grandma. yes, we r getting older & older as the clock ticks. we are not able to escape this. To think back, I was just a boy who was so pampered by family members. Who would think that since then I came to Singapore for 5 years and worked under a 'special' supervisor for 2 years? and now.. still struggling for my studies. I would like to say, cherish our times, enjoy our times, do anything that we like (but dun be overboard or against law). Maybe u can try to put another old man beside the old ah-ma. ;)

-KSY™®- said...

erm. I will close my blog down. It has problem. Now even my computer searched it came out with blank page. I had sent an email to blog. tech support team and now pending for reply. If my hands are craving for writing blog back, I will register another new account. In fact, I have to improve my english else I can't write a proper blog. (as my ^^ complained that my blog are going nowhere --> bad)

season said...

ean:
hahha, not only Chloe, me2 what. i think it is just natural for us to have extra glances at some charming guys right? we are straight what..hahha..sometimes those cute guys can make us drool, and we tend to forget where we are, who we are and what's our surname!! :P haha, you never do that mer?/!!

Sean:
hahha, yalo..really sad, u know.. we are getting older so fast!! hai..i don't want ler.. haha.u want me to add you inside ar? i had difficulties in finding a fat and fair old man ler..i think i couldn't fix you inside the frame lah!! :p joke lah.. hahhayaloyalo.. let's grow old together!! :p

tash said...

hahahah cute one..but hey really...am afraid too..d one i imagine d most is how i will balloned up like a pig( especially after giving birth)since now i am not slim n tall...even thought of going for doc to special prescribe menu during pregnancy kakakakaka

btw, i looked at girls more than guys leh..but hey I'M STRAIGHT K!! STRAIGHTER THAN YR RULER KAKAKAKAKAKA

season said...

Tash,
then maybe we will have to visit those slimming centre.i am worry too. just dont born any babies lah.. babies are troublesome.. :p hahah oh.. really ar?? i prefer to look at guys wor!! hahah.. :P they are more attractive mah!! :P