Sunday, February 12, 2006

Two Timer

How Can I Tell Her
(Lobo)

She knows when I'm lonesome, she cries when I'm sad.
She's up in the good times, she's down in the bad.
And whenever I'm discouraged, she knows just what to do.
But girl, she doesn't know about you.

I can tell her troubles, she makes them all seem right.
I can make up excuses, not to hold her at night.
We can talk of tomorrow, I'll tell her things I want to do.
But girl, how can I tell her about you?

How can I tell her about you?Girl, please tell me what to do.
Everything seems right, whenever I'm with you.
So girl, won't you tell me, how to tell her about you.

How can I tell her I don't miss her, whenever I'm away?
How can I say it's you I think of, every single night and day?
And when is it easy, telling someone we're through?
Ah girl, help me tell her about you.

How can I tell her about you?Girl, please tell me what to do.
Everything seems right, whenever I'm with you.
So girl, won't you tell me, how to tell her about you...

At the very first time I listened to this song, I was touched, deeply touched...

I couldn't help but enchanted by the lyrics. Those simple words, conveying too much about the inner conflict a person would bear after falling in love with someone else besides him or her lover. Maybe I am the only one who would feel it this way but I really couldn't brace up myself to hate the guy in the lyrics. Lobo reveals the sorrow and agony of being a two timer...
This reminds me of my previous conversation with Chloe...It was just a random chat session but Chloe told me that actually we couldn't hold our fingers at the third party or the two timers whenever a particular realtionship goes wrong.
She noted that," Let's forget about those who love foolling around or enjoy changing their partners after knowing a more attractive one. We are now talking about a guy or a woman who truly commited in a serious realtionship with his or her lover. At the moments they love you, they really do. However, if the couples are not fated to be together, definitely they would meet soemone else. There's is no right and wrong in love... If the emotion of love is gone, that's the end of a relationship... It is really unwise to point our fingers at the other party. As a matter of fact, he or she is actually the one who suffers the most due to gulit and regrets..."
Frankly speaking, I was really surprised when I heard her sentences. It is actually something we got to ponder, isn't it? The statement above may not sound convincing to certain people who are not that open-minded enough, but you can never deny certain facts and truths hidden inside. Just try to consider it from a wider perspective...
You will gain something from Lobo's 'How can I tell her'... espcially when you listen to it... The sweetness of the voice and the 'grief' of the melody certainly would touch your nerve, with the condition that you are not an extremist in love...
cheers.
:*>

4 comments:

season said...

yeenfern,

yeah! Give me five!! :p

Chloe said...

Hey, now I remember my mum once sang this song when we're flipping thru her lyrics book :)

Never thot you still remember what I told you, haha. good memory hor! btw, nice piece!

season said...

Chloe,

:P definitely i will remember that conversation, it is meaningful what!! hahha, i know why you said a nice piece of writing, cause i quote your remarks, right!@!:P hahah.. kidding..thanks ya!!

tash said...

seriously, i totally agree wit chloe..i always believe, if he's yrs he will b..if he's not ..he won't ...but of cox, u hav to play yr part as well..play our role as gf well, i'm sure our bf can feel it too rite! unless, if we r not meant to b..then no point struggling..i won't b happy n so does he... :)

bte, there's a chinese song by sun yen zi called "我也很想他“..very touching also..about triangle love as well..