Monday, July 17, 2006

Thank you.

This afternoon, when the time is reaching 4pm, I suddenly felt fitful and uncomfortable. I checked on the students’ homework with growing unease, talking and teaching them with my greatest impatience. I may not be a loving and devoted teacher but I never had that kind of feeling before. My psyche was messy. I felt like I was getting sick or going to kill somebody. Yes, without rhythm or reason. Maybe it’s a kind of ominous omen.

A moment ago, when my dad was driving me home. He told me a bad news. My Piggy had passed away. My parents found him died after coming back from work. It was about 4.30pm.

I knew this would happen. I actually prayed for it to happen yesterday night, with my tearful eyes and smashing heart. Thank you, Piggy. I know that you heard my prayer and answered to it. Thanks for fulfilling my very last request. My good boy, you are such a wonderful guinea pig, you don’t want to torture your mama that way, too, right? Clever boy. I am glad that you have escaped from the sufferings and illness, really, even though I hate you leaving me…

My parents buried my piggy under the fruit tree in front of my house. I wanted to do the job, I want to touch him and send him off, for the last time. Sadly, my parents curried him underground while I was working. They refused to wait, or they were just worrying that I am going to sob like a mother who is losing his precious son. Not sure, I guess I will. I cried for the entire night yesterday. My colleagues were concerning about my swollen eyes. They were wondering if I wasn’t feeling well. Yes, I was and I am. He had been with me for six years, that’s really a long time for a rodent and a human. I might neglected him sometimes but I truly enjoy the time I cut his fingernails, bathed him, talked to him and mocking at him for his silliness.

The touch and glances at 12pm, before leaving for work, today were the last few contacts I had with Piggy…I saw him laying lifelessly in the cage, with his paralysed body. His back legs crossed with each other in a weird and funny way, as they weren’t functioning anymore. He was tired, I could see it.

Nope, I am going to erase those awful pictures. I will store the fat and furry Piggy in my soul. To me, you are always the cutest one.

I felt that my heart is empty right now. Somebody dug a big hole on it. But I am really happy. Piggy, thanks for doing me such a wonderful favour. I love you. Remember, my boy, if you are going through a reincarnation, never become an animal again. If you were to be a pet again, I would only allow you to be mine. Please…

Rest in peace, my Piggy. I love you…now and forever.

Thanks for everything… MUAKS.

2 comments:

-KSY™®- said...

Farewell piggy. Just wish you don't go through any reincarnation.

Living in this world would never be happy, whether you are human, animal or pets.

Life is short. We would never know what will happen the very next minute.

Cherish those surround with you.

Chloe said...

Sorry to hear this...no matter what, life goes on...just cherish what and who you have RIGHT NOW. Think of the bright and best side of everything...do not drown yourself in sadness for too long.

p/s: May Piggy rest in peace.